(By Octavius Winslow: 1808-1878)
“Yes, He is altogether lovely! This is my Beloved — and this is my Friend!” Song of Songs 5:16
The personal attractions of Jesus are all inviting and irresistible!
- His love wins us.
- His glory charms us.
- His beauty attracts us.
- His sympathy soothes us.
- His gentleness subdues us.
- His faithfulness inspires us.
- He is the “altogether lovely One!”
- Jesus is all that is tender in love.
- Jesus is all that is wise in counsel.
- Jesus is all that is patient and kind.
- Jesus is all that is faithful in friendship.
- Jesus is all that is soothing and healing.
- The heart of Jesus is ever loving towards His children.
- The disposition of Jesus is ever kind towards His children.
- The nature of Jesus is ever sympathizing towards His children.
- Jesus is your Brother, your Friend, your Redeemer.
- As your Brother — He knows the need of His brethren in adversity.
- As your Friend — He shows Himself friendly.
- As your Redeemer — He has redeemed your soul from sin and Hell.
Jesus has ascended up on high to take possession of Heaven on your behalf, and to prepare a place for you!
Upon His heart, He wears your name as a precious pearl in the priestly breastplate.
“He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.”
- not a moment of your time,
- nor an event of your life,
- nor a circumstance of your daily history,
- nor a mental or spiritual emotion of yours —
in which you are not borne upon the love, and remembered in the ceaseless intercession of Christ.