Monyhull Church has a formal Safeguarding Policy, the purpose of which is to protect both church workers/volunteers and those they work with. The policy briefly spells out what volunteers can do both to protect themselves and the children for whom they are caring. As a church we are committed to:
– Valuing, listening to and respecting children and vulnerable adults, as well as promoting their welfare and protection;
– Safe recruitment, supervision and training for all children’s workers within the Church. This includes obtaining a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check on all new workers and ensuring that such checks are refreshed every three years;
– Ongoing safeguarding training and development opportunities for all workers, developing a culture of awareness of safeguarding issues to help protect everyone;
– A procedure for dealing with concerns about possible abuse;
– Encouraging and supporting parents/carers;
– Supporting those affected by abuse in the Church;
– Maintaining good links with statutory childcare authorities and other organisations.